Dear Grassy Knob Volunteer Fire Department Members:
Last January, the Board of Directors established protocols for opening the Community Center for member use. In May, the Board expanded those parameters, as outlined below.
In the process to create those parameters, the Auxiliary conducted a Survey and received a 10% response rate (which is a very good return)
62 want masks optional.
33 want masks mandatory.
6 Want to remain closed to social events
1 wants to remain closed for social and EMT Fire Training
While we will be monitoring use of the Center and will make changes as needed, the list of six below is the current Policy.
Anyone wanting to schedule an event at the Community Center should contact the Auxiliary President Sharlene Kenyon, who has all the procedures you need to know. 918-244-0603 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy Changes as of May 10, 2021
1. Double Occupancy to 30 people inside the building. Including any kitchen staff.
2. Remove Mask Requirement but Maintain the Board Position of Recommending the use of Masks and Social Distancing (6 feet) for any indoor events. (Note: The use of Masks is one form of protection. The social distancing is a second. If one is not present, than the second is strongly advised.)
3. Approve Outdoor Potlucks for June, July and August. Outdoor service. Kitchen use for beverages. Limited (30 people total) indoors, with reserved seating by group tables. Caution to respect social distancing parameters between tables. Use of bathrooms included. All who enter CC must sign waiver forms.
4. Continue Liability Waivers and Contact Tracing. Each Public Indoor Event Participant must sign a liability waiver and add name/info to Contact Tracing sheet for each event. Signage Posted at the Door to reiterate Board recommendation. “Masks and Social Distancing Recommended”
5. Auxiliary Brunches May Resume. Caution is advised to avoid liability issues as any event created by Auxiliary incurs liability. For any such event specifically sponsored by the Auxiliary recommendations and standard policy would apply.
6. Continue the Standing Re-Opening Committee. To be able to re-evaluate the current situation and make adjustments in either direction as facts warrant. Next planned meeting is for August.
Additionally, we plan to collect data to know how many and who is actually using the community center, to determine if the mask optional position deters too many people from attending functions. We also want to be more proactive in communicating with the Membership via the E-blast system and Website and Community Page on Facebook. If you have any questions, please contact Laura Hahn, Recording Secretary. 215-262-5870 or email@example.com
Besides the approved Potlucks, the Board previously approved the Ice Cream Social in July. Details on those public events will be communicated by Sharlene Kenyon in a separate communication.